Frequently Asked Questions
What do you charge for travel?
There is no travel fee for sessions within 30 miles of 98290. Sessions beyond 30 miles will be charged the federal rate (2023 is $0.65/mile roundtrip). Sessions requiring overnight accommodations will be charged a flat travel rate, depending on distance and travel expenses.
How do I book, and what happens next?
1. Discuss session options, location and date.
2. Once those are set, I will send you a digital contract to sign.
3. Then, you will receive an invoice for your session. A retainer payment is required, and varies based on your session and travel involved. The balance is due by your session day, which can be paid via Cash, Check or CC.
4. After your contract is signed and retainer paid, you will receive our Session Tips Guide and we will either schedule a planning phone call/Zoom conference or plan via email - whatever works best for you!
What if I want to cancel or reschedule my session?
If you need to cancel or reschedule your session, my contract states:
• Your retainer is fully refundable for changes over 45 days in advance
• Your retainer is non-refundable for changes within 45 days of your session
What if the weather is bad?
I am obsessed with weather - so I am always watching it! I love both sunny days and overcast days for shooting - but most of the time, not rain. As we approach your session, I will keep a close eye on the forecast. If it doesn't look to be ideal (my general rule of thumb is over 30% chance of rain and full cloud cover 24 hours ahead) we can reschedule at that time without losing your retainer. We will reschedule a new date at that time.
What do I wear?
In addition to our initial session planning consultation, you will receive our Session Tips Guide which is FULL of ideas, tips and recommendations! We will have plenty of time to plan your dream session.
When do I get my images?
Please allow 3-4 weeks for your completed online gallery. If your package includes a USB drive or other items, those will arrive within 1-2 weeks after you receive your online gallery.
What about additional products?
You will be able to order endless print products, wall art, and other fun items directly through your online gallery link!